Nitrile: the Versatile and Cost-effective Choice
Worldwide Nitrile gloves have become increasingly more popular in recent years as the awareness of Natural Rubber Latex allergies has grown. Nitrile, a synthetic copolymer of acrylonitrile and butadiene, does not contain any of the latex proteins known to cause latex allergies and can be worn by latex-sensitive individuals.
This rise in popularity has created significant improvements in the comfort of Nitrile gloves mainly due to the introduction of newer material grades allowing thinner, softer gloves to be produced.
Nitrile is the versatile and cost effective solution for most medical and industrial applications where worker protection is critical and cost important. Nitrile offers:
- Low resistance to friction for easy donning
- Excellent tear and puncture resistance – up to three times better than latex of the same thickness
- Superior combination of abrasion and chemical resistance, particularly to most fuels, oils, fats, solvents and acids
- No latex proteins – can be worn by most everyone without risk of Type 1 latex allergy reactions
The Medisafe portfolio of Nitrile Medical exam and Industrial gloves is one of the broadest for weight, thickness and color selection in the market today – an offering sure to meet most of your glove needs.
Our Nitrile medical examination gloves comply with the requirements of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and European Commission Medical Device Directives MDD 93/42/EEC.
Safeguarding healthcare professionals in the workplace from blood borne pathogens and toxic chemical hazards is what Medisafe does best. Our extensive Nitrile product offering has a glove to meet most medical tasks where barrier protection is a must, whether from the risks you see or the ones you don’t.
Nitrile is the preferred non-latex glove choice for:
From light maintenance to food processing and everything in between, Nitrile disposable gloves provide the durability, broad resistance to chemicals and outstanding barrier for jobs both large and small.
Nitrile is an excellent glove choice for:
Our Nitrile gloves conform to these international standards:
- International: ISO 13485 Quality System, ISO 10993
- United States: FDA Quality System Regulation, ASTM D6319
- EU: Medical Device Directives 93/42/EEC, EN 455 *
In addition, many of our Nitrile gloves have undergone additional advanced testing * :
- Chemical Permeation Resistance to Industrial Chemicals (EN 374/ASTM F739)
- Permeation Resistance to Cytotoxic Chemotherapy Drugs (ASTM D6978)
- Migration Testing for Contact Food Materials (EN 1186/ ASTM D7329)
- Extractables for Food Handling (21 CFR 177.2600)
- Resistance to Viral Penetration in Protective Clothing (ASTM F1671)
- Resistance to Synthetic Blood Penetration in Protective Clothing (ASTM F1670)
Our gloves are certified Kosher and Halal and meet the strict manufacturing standards set for these certifications.
* Select gloves. Please contact our Sales Specialists for details.